- 2 – 64 oz bottles white grape peach juice.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup splenda
- 2 – 29 oz cans sliced peaches with juice
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 bottle peach schnapps
- 1 bottle 190 proof grain alcohol (such as everclear)
- In a large pot, bring juice, canned peaches, sugar, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon, and cloves to a boil. Turn down heat, cover, and let simmer for 1 hour. After simmering, remove from heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature. Once cooled, pour in the bottle of peach schnapps and everclear. Stir and then strain through a cheesecloth to separate the peaches and cinnamon sticks from the moonshine. Pour into jars and then, if desired, divide the peaches between the jars. Store in a cool dark place for a few weeks to allow the flavors to strengthen, or you can drink it right away.
- The end product is fairly sweet, so I used no sugar added white grape peach juice to cut the sweetness a bit. You can also use peaches in light syrup as well.
Adapted from Dave’s Peach Pie Moonshine and from
Photo Credits Addited2diy.com